Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Review: Writing Down The Bones


Writing Down the Bones: Freeing the Writer WithinWriting Down the Bones: Freeing the Writer Within by Natalie Goldberg
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I gobbled up the book. It was full of ideas and experiences that compelled me to sit down and write about something, anything, but just try writing again, and to feel less self-conscious about my work. It gave me ideas for writing and writing practice. I think the biggest takeaway for me was to get a journal and do writing practice, and to just write.

The book's zen feel is I think why it resonated so well with me, it was different from others I've read and inspired me.

I'd recommend this book to anyone who is a writer and simply needs an encouraging and inspiring read, or looking for something different from the common how-to-write books.


View all my reviews

No comments: