She's back! To write more personal stuff!
I haven't kept up with posting updates much thanks to a few factors. One of which was being sick the last few weeks. I lost a lot of time sleeping and being grumpy but managed to achieve a few things:
- Finished Writing Down The Bones by Natalie Goldberg and wrote a very short opinion on the book to work on my reviewing skills, and started Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott.
- Got to page 80 of LBW. If the ideas keep flowing and I keep up two pages a day then I'll be making sweet progress. Actually I'd be happy with just a page a day or four pages a week.
- Low standards? Nope, I'm just a slow writer with trouble getting ideas. Goal: page 90 by March 5th
- Started my first weekly critique after a short break. By the way, I recommend Critique Circle, great place.
- Finished the paper revision I was doing of Serpenttongue. Now I'm plugging it in and making slight revisions as I go. Still finding spots lacking something uncertain, but there's always another go-through. I haven't set any goal other than be past chapter 25 by month's end.
- Still working on a new short story featuring my vampire. It's proving difficult to write. I just don't know the story. Goal: just work on it!
I have uber faith I can succeed, especially if I spend more days getting up at three like I did Thursday. I went back to sleep of course, but I figure why not use that time if I'm up anyway.
What are your goals for the rest of the month?